Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wads of bills are still the way to go

If the possibility of getting your credit card info stolen isn’t motivation enough not to use it, the hassle of attempting to do so should be.

Nigeria is almost solely a cash society, and I’m willing to accept that. I used my corporate Amex at a restaurant in the Hilton (one of two locations I’ve found that take credit at all) and it took 15 minutes. They ran my card, took it to the front to call and verify it wasn’t fraudulent and be sure I could pay, ran it there and had me sign, walked back to the restaurant to close the bill there, and on and on. I walked with my card the whole time because I wasn’t going to let it run off without me. Next time I fork over the cash.

No comments: